Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Gives new meaning to 'Letter to the Editor'

Posted by John Keller

Okay everyone, here I am. You can take your best shot, and if I'm still standing afterward, I might respond at least to some of your oaths, insults, criticisms, curses, defamations, scoldings, back stabbings, and perhaps even compliments.

This is the Mil & Aero Blog, where you have the opportunity ... no, scratch that ... the duty and obligation to join the conversation. It's about time, after all, isn't it? I and the Military & Aerospace Electronics staff has been talking at you -- yes, at you -- now for, what, 18 years since we launched the magazine in January 1990? It's way past high time that you were able to get your two cents in, and now's your chance. Suffice it to say that this ain't your typical letter to the editor, where you dash me off an e-mail about companies I forgot to mention or silly comments I've made. If you're lucky it gets into tiny print in the back of the magazine in a few months where nobody reads it.

Now you get the chance to see your invective in close to real time -- well, within a day or two, anyway. Here at Military & Aerospace Electronics we're compressing time from months to days when it comes to taking the editor to task. It is a new millennium, people tell me.

Here's how it works. See something in the magazine, e-newsletter, Defense Executive, or on the Website that you're just dying to comment on, come to the Mil & Aero Blog on our Website, and sound off by posting a comment. You don't just have to be mad, you can give us compliments, encouragement, make suggestions, pass along a new recipe ... well, maybe not, but you get the point.

At least once a week I'll be posting a blog item like this one to the Military & Aerospace Electronics Website. If you want to join the conversation, simply post a comment on the blog item, or just tell me what's on your mind. We're not just talking at you anymore; now you're part of the conversation. All I ask is that you keep your comments clean -- things I can put in print, in other words. I can't wait to hear from you.

No comments:

Post a Comment