Thursday, July 15, 2010

Ryan Reynolds as the Green Lantern: I think I have an idea what he's talking about


Posted by John Keller

15 July 2010. The movie buzz is heating up concerning actor Ryan Reynolds as the Green Lantern, starring in a superhero movie scheduled for release next summer. I'm particularly excited about this upcoming movie because it could have a connection to Military & Aerospace Electronics.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that we don't end up on the cutting room floor, but last March, at the movie producer's request, I sent off several print copies of Military & Aerospace Electronics for potential use in the upcoming Green Lantern movie, starring Ryan Reynolds.

How could this happen, you might ask? Well, story goes that the Green Lantern is a test pilot who is granted a mystical green ring bestowing him with otherworldly powers, as well as membership in an intergalactic squadron tasked with keeping peace within the universe. It just so happens that he reads Military & Aerospace Electronics. That's what the producers told me, anyway.

If we're lucky, moviegoers will see print copies of Military & Aerospace Electronics lying around the test pilot's ready room. I'm hoping, I'm hoping, I'm hoping those copies make it into the move.

The latest Green Lantern buzz revolves around an interview with Reynolds in Entertainment Weekly, in which he discusses flying at high speeds during his stunts. "The first time you do it, you're deeply considering an adult diaper," Reynolds is quoted as saying.

I think I know what he means. I might need the same attire as I have to wait another whole year to see if we make it into the move.

Subscribe

Follow me on Twitter

Join the PennWell Aerospace and Defense Media Group on Linkedin at http://bit.ly/9MXl9

Become a fan of Military & Aerospace Electronics on Facebook at http://bit.ly/1VGM0Q

Post your aerospace and defense-related material to the #milaero community on Twitter. Use the #milaero hashtag.

No comments:

Post a Comment